The New Farm boundaries are marked by Harcourt Street in the west, Chester Street, Gibbon Street, Beeston Street, Kingsholme Street, Macquarie Street and Merthyr Road in the north, the Brisbane River in the east and south.See Full Profile
The Teneriffe boundaries are marked by Doggett and Wyandra Street in the west, the Brisbane River in the north and east, and Kingsholme Street and Chester Street in the south.See Full Profile
The suburb is bounded by Breakfast Creek to the north, Brisbane River to the east, the northern and western parts of the suburb, centred on Breakfast Creek Road, is predominantly commercial, with the remainder of the suburb, particularly near the river, becoming increasingly residential.See Full Profile
Ascot is home to many of Brisbane’s most prestigious homes. There are many grand old Queenslanders along the Jacaranda tree lined streets, as well as more modern homes that are increasingly replacing the less-impressive older homes which can still be found.See Full Profile
As a former industrial base, Bowen Hills has shed its gritty past in favour of a shiny cosmopolitan skin.
With much of its northern and eastern boundaries marked by Breakfast Creek, the western perimeter becomes Bowen Bridge Road, while the south and south-eastern border weaves through several smaller streets neighbouring Fortitude Valley and Newstead.See Full Profile
The CBD is a triangular shaped area bounded by the Brisbane Rive to the east, south and west, and is divided by its Spring Hill neighbour in the north by Wickham Terrace.
Brisbane City is built on one of the original river exploration landing sites, and was settled as a convict colony in 1825. History documents Brisbane’s beginnings as one of the harshest penal settlements to which the worst of the convicts were sent. Today remnants of the early history are dotted amongst the skyscrapers, providing a mixed bag of architecture and backdrop for a vibrant city-life.See Full Profile
Clayfield is most well known for Kalinga Park a heritage-listed park that officially opened in 1910. Clayfield also encompasses the locality of Eagle Junction, including the highly sought after Eagle Junction State School.See Full Profile
The suburb is dominated by Hamilton Hill, from which residents enjoy spectacular views of the river and the city. Views also extend to Mount Coot-tha to the west and Moreton Bay to the east. Whilst Hamilton features many of Brisbane’s grandest old homes, including the iconic Toorak House at the crest of Hamilton Hill, the suburb still features great diversity in both the housing and the residents which call the area home.See Full Profile
Kangaroo Point – famous for its linear park, including The Cliffs reserve in the south, popular with abseilers. There are two ferry-crossing points, and the northern one at Holman Street has a heritage-listed terminal shelter.See Full Profile
A little inner-city precinct identified by the popular “Barracks” which features heritage listed buildings of the former Petrie Terrace Police Depot refurbished into a retail destination.
In the west the boundary runs along Hale Street, the east is bordered by Countess Street while the northern perimeter is marked by Musgrave Road, and the southern by Milton Road.See Full Profile
Bounded by the city along Wickham Terrace and a railway line next to Gregory Terrace, Spring Hill is also bordered by parts of Ann St, St Paul’s Tce, Warry and Kennigo Streets.
Brisbane’s oldest suburb, coined in name as it was the site of a creek which provided Brisbane with its first water supply.See Full Profile
Windsor has parklands on its southern border next to Enoggera Creek, and its more central heritage-listed Memorial Park (1925) with a war memorial. The growth of population required a service reservoir in 1930 at Eildon Hill, around which a third larger reserve was laid out. Eildon Hill gives views over Brisbane, as far as the Glass House Mountains and Victoria Point on a clear day.See Full Profile
Wooloowin is on Lutwyche Road which was the main thoroughfare of the Windsor Shire (1887-1925), and Wooloowin occupied the shire’s far north-east corner. It was thus an outlying district, despite the opening of the Sandgate railway line in 1882 with stations at Wooloowin and Eagle Junction. The name ‘Wooloowin’ apparently began with the naming of the station.See Full Profile