1 Abbott Street, New Farm
Grand Iconic Corner Home, One Of Our Best Streets
This quintessential, old Queenslander occupies a flat 549m2 corner block in the highly sought after, local, favourite, Abbott Street.
Renovated six years ago but still with its characterful Qlder features, ornate doors and stained glass windows, wide hallways, wide wooden floorboards, and incredibly high ceilings; all authentic to this architectural style.
The house is in excellent condition, with a modern kitchen and an enormous double sized, open plan living/dining area, and study providing various spaces to escape to. There are four large bedrooms including an oversized master with walk in robe and ensuite, a family bathroom, and separate laundry. Downstairs is fully secure and weatherproof accommodating massive amounts of storage, and garage parking for two cars.
Located in an elevated, flood free part of Abbott Street in the quiet, family-friendly river precinct known as Merthyr, this is an ideal home for anyone of any age. It's all on one level and legal height under to build more, add a pool or add a lift, or enjoy as is.
- Elevated, flood free, corner position on a picturesque tree-lined part of Abbott and Moreton streets
- Enormous open plan living areas with soaring high ceilings
- Generous bedrooms with built-ins including a gigantic, private, master with walk in robe and ensuite
- Smeg oven, gas cooktop, and range hood, Visu dishwasher, plumbed in GE French Double Door Fridge
- Ducted air conditioning, smart wiring, security cameras, and keypad entry on both floors
- Expired DA approved for pool and building underneath
- Lots of potential to add further value
- Large water tank downstairs
- Walking distance to cafes, restaurants, schools, shops, public transport, the City, Howard Smith Wharves, Riverwalk
Please contact Beth or Anthony for more information on 1 Abbott Street, New Farm.
The New Farm boundaries are marked by Harcourt Street in the west, Chester Street, Gibbon Street, Beeston Street, Kingsholme Street, Macquarie Street and Merthyr Road in the north, the Brisbane River in the east and south.See Full Profile
Buying a property can truly be a melting pot of emotions. At Beth Leach New Farm, I want your buying experience to be seamless – whether it be buying your first home, your forever home or an investment property. Meanwhile, I’ll concentrate on making your purchase a stress-free experience!
Enquire about this property
Thanks for your viewing request, Beth will be in touch soon.